When: June 20 through June 23 from 10:00am - 4:00pm
Educators are invited to join us for a multi-day workshop exploring lesson plans, resources and project ideas. Learn how you can use correlated environmental education curricula and resources (including funding avenues) to re-energize your students and improve learning outcomes.
Online begins Thursday, June 1st. Click here for more online course information.
Up to 4 days of in-person sessions begin Tuesday, June 20. We will conduct the in-person days, outside from 10-3, at various locations (see below).
Choose your PD options seperately:
June 1-16 - target audience is all educators and education administrators:
- Online PLT Green Schools and/or Green Jobs training (7.5 hours + worksheets and intro)
June 20 - target audience is high school & middle school science teachers:
- Tuesday, June 20, University of Akron Field Station: Healthy Water, Healthy People, Wonders of Wetlands and Aquatic Wild - training, certification and curriculum guides. (4.5 hours)
June 21-23 - target audience all educators and education administrators:
- Wednesday, June 21, Watershed Stewardship Center: Tour of center, career activities, and problem based/outside learning training. (4.5 hours)
- Thursday, June 22, Cleveland Lakefront Nature Preserve followed by Cleveland Museum of Natural History: CLNP - place based/outdoor learning, curriculum = Places we Live, Focus on Risk, Science & Civics, CMNH - tour of museum Educator Resource Center. (4.5 hours)
- Friday, June 23, Outdoor school sites tours (Berea, Fairview Park and Parma). (4.5 hours)
(Project Wild Aquatic guides are provided free-of-charge by the ODNR-Division of Wildlife)
Up to 2 optional graduate credits from Ashland University (per 12.5 contact hours) are available.Scholarship funding for grad credits will be available based on earliest registration. Contact Jacki at 330.503.1338 for graduate credit details.