Cuyahoga Soil & Water Conservation District is requesting general pre-qualification applications for firms/contractors for streambank stabilization, stream restoration, stormwater control practice installation and stormwater control practice maintenance.
The pre-qualification application is available at www.cuyahogaswcd.org. Firms are to submit a digital copy to firstname.lastname@example.org or a hard copy to Cuyahoga Soil & Water Conservation District, 3311 Perkins, Suite 100, Cleveland Ohio 44114 by 4:00 PM on April 26, 2019.
Pre-Qualification Applications are requested by the time and date specified and must clearly indicate the name, address, phone number and e-mail address for a contact person.
The categories under which contractor pre-qualifications are being requested are:
- Streambank Stabilization, including grading, installation of live stakes, brush mattresses, fascines and other bioengineering practices
- Stream Restoration, including dam removal, floodplain restoration/reconnection, installation of in-stream structures (riffles, cross vanes, log vanes, etc.), and stream channel maintenance
- Stormwater Control Practice Installation, including the installation of stormwater control practices described in the Ohio Rainwater and Land Development Manual (rain gardens, water quality ponds, bioretention area, pervious pavement, green roof, grassed swale, etc.), stormwater retrofit projects, and innovative practices
- Stormwater Control Practice Maintenance, including sediment removal, jetting/vacuuming of underground treatment devices, vegetative control (licensed herbicide applicators, weeding, planting etc.), erosion repair, control/outlet/inlet structure repair
For any project in the aforementioned categories with an estimated cost up to $50,000, Cuyahoga SWCD will evaluate and rank the firms/contractors with pre-qualification applications, utilizing selection criteria developed for that specific project. A separate Request for Qualifications will be issued for any projects with an estimated cost greater than $50,000. Additionally, the list of firms/contractors that submit pre-qualification applications under each category may be made available to the public. Pre-qualification applications will remain valid for one year following the stated due date.
To be considered for build projects, each pre-qualification application should follow the guidelines outlined below.
- A summary page indicating the following (limited to one page):
- Name and address of firm/contractor
- Name, address, phone number and email address of the primary contact person
- Office Location
- An indication of which project category or categories under which pre-qualifications are being submitted for consideration
- Minority Business Enterprise (MBE)/Women Business Enterprise (WBE)/Disadvantaged Business or Small Business Enterprise(DBE/SBE)/Edge Certified and Veteran Owned Business (VBE) status
- A brief narrative summarizing the firm’s history and areas of expertise
- A list of relevant licenses and certifications
- For each category under which qualifications are being submitted, please provide the following:
- Example projects completed in the past 3 years that demonstrate the contractor’s ability and expertise in the specified project category. Please include total project cost, and reference contact information for each project
- A list of the types of stormwater control practices for which the firm/contractor is qualified to install and/or provide maintenance services, if applicable