Cuyahoga Soil & Water Conservation District is requesting general statements of qualifications (SOQ) for ecological assessment services and for professional construction oversight, design, engineering and design-build services in the areas of stream restoration, wetland restoration, innovative stormwater management solutions and soil health & urban agriculture.
The full RFQ is available at www.cuyahogaswcd.org under Programs: Request for Qualifications. Firms are to submit a digital copy to email@example.com by 4:00 PM on June 1, 2021.
SOQ are requested by the time and date specified and must clearly indicate the name, address, phone number and e-mail address for a primary contact person.
The categories under which ecological assessment and construction oversight, design, engineering and design-build SOQ are being requested are:
- Ecological Assessment, including fish and benthic macroinvertebrate sampling and assessment using the Index of Biotic Integrity (IBI), Invertebrate Community Index (ICI), Headwater Macroinvertebrate Field Evaluation Index (HMFEI), and wetland delineation and assessment using the Ohio Rapid Assessment Method for Wetlands (ORAM).
- Stream Restoration, including construction oversight, streambank stabilization, dam removal, floodplain restoration/reconnection, self-forming/overwide/two-stage channels, and Natural Stream Channel Design
- Wetland Restoration and creation, including invasive species control, hydrologic restoration, and vegetation/re-vegetation
- Innovative Stormwater Management Solutions, including construction oversight, individual practice design, stormwater retrofits, stormwater retrofit inventories/prioritization
- Soil Health & Urban Agriculture, including soil management planning, soil quality and depth, drastically-disturbed soil rehabilitation, plant-soil system BMPs, brownfield assessment and remediation, and urban agriculture planning and installation.
For certain projects in the aforementioned categories with an estimated cost up to $50,000, Cuyahoga SWCD will evaluate and rank the firms with submitted SOQs , utilizing selection criteria developed for that specific project. A separate RFQ will be issued for any projects with an estimated cost greater than $50,000, or for highly specialized projects below this $50,000 threshold. Additionally, the list of firms/contractors that submit SOQs under each category may be made available to the public. SOQs will remain valid for one year following the stated due date.
To be considered for ecological assessment, construction oversight, design, engineering and/or design-build projects, each SOQ should follow the guidelines outlined below.
- Each SOQ should contain a summary page indicating the following (limited to one page):
- Name and address of firm
- Name, address, phone number and email address of the primary contact person
- An indication of which project category or categories under which qualifications are being submitted for consideration
- Minority Business Enterprise (MBE)/Women Business Enterprise (WBE)/Disadvantaged Business or Small Business Enterprise (DBE/SBE)/Edge Certified and Veteran Owned Business (VBE) status
- Number of offices in Cuyahoga County and number of offices in Counties adjacent to Cuyahoga County (Lorain, Medina, Summit, Portage, Geauga, Lake), and
- A brief narrative summarizing the firm’s history and areas of expertise
- For each categoryunder which qualifications are being submitted, please provide the following:
- Resume/qualifications of key staff, including home office location (up to one page each)
- Example projects completed in the past 3 years that demonstrate the firm’s ability and expertise in the specified project category, with an emphasis on projects in urban areas. Please include awarded bid, total/final project cost, design/engineering cost, and reference contact information for each project (up to five pages)
- An example concept plan, or concept plan template, if applicable (one page)
- A narrative describing the firm’s approach to addressing projects in the specified project category, and any other information the firm would like to provide (up to one page)
- A list of the types of stormwater control practices for which the firm/contractor is qualified to install and/or provide maintenance services, if applicable (up to two pages)
Any questions regarding this RFQ and request for SOQ should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org.